Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Q: Do you make Vegan or Gluten-free items?
- A: Yes! Depending on the item, we do try and accommodate special requests. If you would like something specific, give us a call!
- Q: How soon do I need to place an order?
- A: Call the bakery and get on our schedule as soon as you know your event date. The sooner the better. Our schedule fills up during the wedding season and holidays.
- Q: Why do your baked goods cost more than the grocery store?
- A: Three reasons: Ingredients, taste, and freshness. Items on our menu are made from scratch instead of a boxed mix. We use the best quality ingredients like real sweet cream butter. You can be assured that you are receiving a quality baked good that is free from the fillers and preservatives found in grocery store baked goods.
- Q: Can we come visit your shop?
- A: Unfortunately, no. We are a California Cottage Food operation. We are not allowed under the law to have customers in the kitchen while making food for the public. Also, we do not have a retail counter, we make our baked goods in our fully certified home kitchen. However, we welcome visits when we are not baking!
- Q: What do you have on hand?
- A: Our goal is to create the freshest, best-tasting product possible for you. We do not bake ahead. We bake to fill the orders we have for the day. As a result of this practice, your loaf of bread may still be warm from the oven when you pick it up!
- Q: How do I order?
- A: Visit our Contact us page and send us a message or give us a call!
- Q: Why don’t you add cream cheese frosted or custard-filled items to the menu? I love cream puffs!!
- A: The California Cottage Food law only allows foods that do not need refrigeration. I do, however, have many delicious flavored buttercream frostings that my customers love! If you are looking for an alternative, ask for a cheesecake, cupcake, white chocolate or even a honey-vanilla flavored buttercream frosting. We are positive you won’t be disappointed!
- Q: Do you guys sell baked goods that are sugar free or have little sugar in them?
- A: We do accommodate some low sugar orders. Give us a call or send us a message and let’s see if we can accommodate your needs.
- Q. How big are your Hot Cocoa Bombs?
- A. The Hot Cocoa Bombs are 70mm which is just a bit smaller than a baseball. The chocolate weighs approximately 2 oz.